Friday, September 10, 2010

When you're creative in so many ways

This is the first I've been able to get back here. There was an unexpected death in the family of someone only 38 years old. A cousin with talents that may have just been coming to light. It makes me more alert not to take my talents for granted and not to waste time and say I'll write another day or I'll take some pictures later.  Some days my creative urges are like a swarm of mosquitoes nipping at me to act on a creative idea or on several ideas.

It is true that time is of the essence, time for developing your creativity and your talents. Today and now is that time. And I must oscillate between my card-making/scrapping, photography, and writing. Sometimes this is like I have several children all vying for my attention at one time. It can be most challenging who to take care of first!!!

Within my writing realm, I have at least one well-developed novel plotted and another wanting to take form and some short stories that need polished and on their way. So goes the creative life and I wouldn't trade it. I just want to make it happen before I'm finished here on earth.

Of course I will try with each post to place a photo or photos to share. In a future post I will talk about how I believe a picture can be found just about anywhere, it's all in the seeing. When I was learning photography in college, I was taught it isn't necessarily the type of camera you use, but what your two eyes see ...

So if you find a battle inside yourself for the best time to do a creative project or plant your favorite flowers, or learn to paint, don't wait, there isn't a perfect time, just the 'now time.' I will leave you with another picture tonight for cousin Chad. His memory and love will always be lit in the hearts of his loved ones.

4 comments:

  1. My condolences on your loss.
    I agree, sometimes it's hard to know which project to focus on - between writing, knitting, scrapbooking and so on I sometimes feel guilty if I drop one for the other, though I try to let/make the writing come first.
    Followed you from Angie's link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences for your cousin

    Creativity is a life to self
    Then there are questions
    Leading to searches
    Like the photographer said...
    It is ... "Now Time"
    For today is passing

    Picks up darts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. It really makes me think about what I'm doing with the time I have.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I'm sorry to hear about Chad. Blessings on you and all the family. You are right, I do not take advantage of all I have. Thanks for the reminder. Great pics, too.

    ReplyDelete